IWC PRESENTS PILOT’S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH TOP GUN EDITION “SFTI” IN BLACK CERAMIC AND CERATANIUM
Schaffhausen, 15th October 2020 – IWC Schaffhausen complements its TOP GUN range of Pilot’s Watches with the Pilot’s Watch Chronograph TOP GUN Edition “SFTI”. The new model takes inspiration from the “Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor” watch, which was created in 2018 in honor of the US Naval Aviation Community and is available only for TOPGUN graduates. Thanks to the combination of a black ceramic case with a Ceratanium® case back and pushers, the sporty chronograph boasts a tactical, matte black design code.
In 2018, IWC created the Pilot’s Watch Chronograph Edition “Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor” in collaboration with instructors based on Naval Air Station Leemore in California. Featuring a case made of black ceramic and the iconic TOPGUN patch on the dial, the rugged chronograph is available exclusively for graduates of the Navy Fighter Weapons School.
The Pilot’s Watch Chronograph TOP GUN Edition “SFTI”, limited to 1500 pieces, takes inspiration from the acclaimed “Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor“ watch. It follows the tradition of IWC’s TOP GUN watches. It is made with extraordinarily robust materials to withstand the extreme strain that pilots experience in the cockpit of supersonic jets like the F/A-18 Super Hornet.
The large 44-millimeter case is made of black zirconium oxide ceramic. With a Vickers rating second only to that of a diamond, ceramic ranks among the hardest substances on earth. It is extremely scratch-resistant and its stealthy black color is totally anti-reflective. The case back and chronograph pushers are made of Ceratanium®, a recent innovation from IWC’s materials engineers. This new material is as light and durable as titanium but at the same time as similarly hard and scratch-resistant as ceramic. Thanks to the combination of ceramic and Ceratanium®, the chronograph boasts an entirely matte black design. The tactical look is completed by a black dial and black hands coated with luminescence. The small second hand and the tail of the chronograph second hand, which takes the form of a jet, add a touch of red to the instrument-style dial.
Ticking away inside the sturdy case is the IWC manufactured 69380 calibre. The robust chronograph movement in classic column-wheel design ensures precise timekeeping and the measurement of stopwatch times of up to 12 hours. Another function is a date and weekday display. The sporty timepiece is fitted with a green textile strap.
- IW389004PILOT'S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH Ed STRIKE FIGHTER TACTICS INSTRUCTOR
- IW389004_BackPILOT'S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH Ed STRIKE FIGHTER TACTICS INSTRUCTOR
- IW324705PILOT'SWATCH MARK XVIII ED. STRIKE FIGHTER TACTICS INSTRUCTOR
- IW324705_BackPILOT'SWATCH MARK XVIII ED. STRIKE FIGHTER TACTICS INSTRUCTOR
- IW389101PILOT’S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH TOP GUN
- IW389101_BackPILOT’S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH TOP GUN
- IW389012PILOT'S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH EDITION FIGHTING CHECKMATES
- IW389012_BackPILOT'S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH EDITION FIGHTING CHECKMATES
- IW327018PILOT'S WATCH MARK XVIII Ed DIAMONDBACKS
- IW327018_BackPILOT'S WATCH MARK XVIII Ed DIAMONDBACKS
- IW389015PILOT’S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH EDITION “EAGLES”
- IW389015_BackPILOT’S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH EDITION “EAGLES”
- IW326901PILOT'S WATCH TOP GUN AUTOMATIC
- IW326901_BackPILOT'S WATCH TOP GUN AUTOMATIC
- IW371815PILOT'S WATCH DOUBLE CHRONOGRAPH CERATANIUM
- IW371815_BackPILOT'S WATCH DOUBLE CHRONOGRAPH CERATANIUM
- IW389011PILOT'S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH Ed ROYAL MACES
- IW389011_BackPILOT'S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH Ed ROYAL MACES
- IW327024PILOT’S WATCH MARK XVIII EDITION “BATS LEGACY”
- IW327024_BackPILOT’S WATCH MARK XVIII EDITION “BATS LEGACY”
- IW389103_FrontPILOT'S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH TOP GUN EDITION MOJAVE DESERT
- IW389103_BackPILOT'S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH TOP GUN EDITION MOJAVE DESERT
- IW387813PILOT’S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH EDITION “TOP GUN 50TH ANNIVERSARY”
- IW387813_BackPILOT’S WATCH CHRONOGRAPH EDITION “TOP GUN 50TH ANNIVERSARY”
In 1868, the American watchmaker and entrepreneur Florentine Ariosto Jones travelled from Boston to Switzerland and founded the ‘International Watch Company’ in Schaffhausen. His visionary dream was to combine advanced American manufacturing methods with the craftsmanship of Swiss watchmakers to make the best pocket watches of his time. In doing so, he not only laid the foundation for IWC’s unique engineering approach but also established the centralised production of mechanical watches in Switzerland.
Over its 150 year history, IWC Schaffhausen has developed a reputation for creating functional complications, especially chronographs and calendars, which are ingenious, robust, and easy for customers to use. A pioneer in the use of titanium and ceramics, IWC today specialises in highly engineered technical watch cases manufactured from advanced materials, such as titaniumaluminide and Ceratanium®. Preferring the principle of “form follows function” over decoration, the Swiss watch manufacturer’s timeless creations embody their owners’ dreams and ambitions as they journey through life.
IWC sources materials responsibly and takes action to minimise its impact on the environment, creating intrinsically sustainable timepieces that are built to last for generations. The company prides itself in training its own future watchmakers and engineers, as well as offering an excellent working environment for all employees. IWC also partners with organisations that work globally to support children and young people.