IWC EXTENDS TOP GUN COLLECTION WITH NEW MODELS IN CERATANIUM® AND BLACK CERAMIC
Schaffhausen, 30th March – As the Watches and Wonders exhibition opens in Geneva, IWC Schaffhausen launches two new TOP GUN models in its Pilot’s Watches collection. The Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium® is the first 41-millimetre chronograph in this collection in full Ceratanium®. This ground-breaking new material is light and robust like titanium, and at the same time similarly hard and scratch-resistant like ceramic. The Big Pilot’s Watch 43 TOP GUN in black zirconium oxide ceramic is the first TOP GUN Big Pilot in a 43-millimetre case size. The novelties are powered by IWC-manufactured movements from the 69000 and 82000 calibre families.
2022 is the year of IWC TOP GUN. In addition to launching the new “Lake Tahoe” and “Woodland” editions in white and green ceramic, IWC completes the TOP GUN collection with two new models in Ceratanium® and black ceramic. These timepieces reflect the technical and performance-oriented design that has been the hallmark of IWC TOP GUN since the brand introduced the Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph TOP GUN back in 2007.
Ceratanium® debuted in the IWC Pilot’s Watches collection with the Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph TOP GUN Ceratanium® in 2019. Now, this innovative new material returns to the TOP GUN collection with the Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium® (Ref. IW388106), the first 41-millimetre Chronograph in this collection with a case, pushers and a crown made of Ceratanium®. In addition to offering outstanding material properties like reduced weight and high scratch resistance, the most striking feature of Ceratanium® is its matte-black color, which IWC and Pantone have specified as “IWC Ceratanium®”. The dark and slightly metallic shade results from a unique manufacturing process: it develops on the surface of the material when the case components are fired at high temperatures in a kiln. Subdued white print and luminescence on the black dial and black hands underscore the all-black, stealthy design. The IWC manufactured 69385 calibre chronograph movement is visible through the tinted sapphire glass case back. The timepiece is fitted on a black rubber strap with textile inlay.
The Big Pilot’s Watch in black ceramic has been a staple in IWC’s TOP GUN line since 2012. Today, it becomes available in an ergonomic 43-millimetre case size for the first time. The Big Pilot’s Watch 43 TOP GUN (Ref. IW329801) features a case made of black zirconium oxide ceramic, a titanium case back, as well as black dial and hands. The engineering ceramic used for the case offers maximum protection against scratches. IWC and Pantone have specified the black ceramic color as “IWC Jet Black”. The timepiece is powered by the IWC manufactured 82100 calibre movement. The Pellaton winding system has been fitted with components made of virtually wear-free ceramic, and builds up a power reserve of 60 hours. The integrated EasX-CHANGE® allows to change the green textile strap effortlessly. A soft-iron inner case protects the movement from the effects of magnetic fields, while the front glass is secured to remain in its place even if there is a sudden drop of air pressure.
The Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium® and the Big Pilot’s Watch 4 3 TOP GUN will be available through IWC boutiques, authorised retail partners or online at IWC.com. The timepieces are eligible for registration under the My IWC care program, benefiting from a 6-year extension to the standard 2-year International Limited Warranty.
- IW388106_FRONTIW388106 Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium®
- IW388106_BACKIW388106 Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium®
- IW388106_DETAIL_FRONTIW388106 Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium®
- IW388106_DETAIL_BACKIW388106 Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium®
- IW388106_MOODIW388106 Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium®
- IW388106_DETAILIW388106 Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium®
- IW388106_SIDEIW388106 Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium®
- IW388106_STRAPIW388106 Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium®
- IW388106_FLATLAYIW388106 Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 TOP GUN Ceratanium®
- IW329801_FRONT BLACK STRAPIW329801 Big Pilot’s Watch 43 TOP GUN
- IW329801_MOODThe Big Pilot’s Watch in black ceramic has been a staple of IWC's TOP GUN line since 2012. Now, this classic design is available in an ergonomic 43-millimetre case for the first time. The Big Pilot's Watch 43 TOP GUN features an extremely hard and scratch-resistant case made of black zirconium oxide ceramic, a black dial and black hands, as well as white printing and luminescence. The case back with the engraving of the TOP GUN logo and the crown are made of titanium. Ticking away inside is the IWC-manufactured 82100 calibre. The high-end automatic movement boasts a Pellaton winding system that has been reinforced with ceramic components and builds up a power reserve of 60 hours. The movement is protected from the effects of magnetic fields by a soft-iron inner case. This classic TOP GUN timepiece is fitted with a green textile strap. Thanks to the integrated EasX-CHANGE®, the strap can be easily exchanged at the touch of a button. Combined with the 10 bar water-resistant case, this makes the Big Pilot's Watch 43 TOP GUN a highly versatile sports watch.
- IW329801_DETAILIW329801 Big Pilot’s Watch 43 TOP GUN
- IW329801_SIDEIW329801 Big Pilot’s Watch 43 TOP GUN
- IW329801_STRAPIW329801 Big Pilot’s Watch 43 TOP GUN
- IW329801_FLATLAYIW329801 Big Pilot’s Watch 43 TOP GUN
- Colors of TOP GUN Ceratanium Inspiration
- Colors of TOP GUN Jet Black Inspiration
In 1868, the American watchmaker and entrepreneur Florentine Ariosto Jones travelled from Boston to Switzerland and founded the ‘International Watch Company’ in Schaffhausen. His visionary dream was to combine advanced American manufacturing methods with the craftsmanship of Swiss watchmakers to make the best pocket watches of his time. In doing so, he not only laid the foundation for IWC’s unique engineering approach but also established the centralised production of mechanical watches in Switzerland.
Over its 150 year history, IWC Schaffhausen has developed a reputation for creating functional complications, especially chronographs and calendars, which are ingenious, robust, and easy for customers to use. A pioneer in the use of titanium and ceramics, IWC today specialises in highly engineered technical watch cases manufactured from advanced materials, such as titanium aluminide and Ceratanium®. Preferring the principle of “form follows function” over decoration, the Swiss watch manufacturer’s timeless creations embody their owners’ dreams and ambitions as they journey through life.
IWC sources materials responsibly and takes action to minimise its impact on the environment, creating intrinsically sustainable timepieces that are built to last for generations. The company prides itself in training its own future watchmakers and engineers, as well as offering an excellent working environment for all employees. IWC also partners with organisations that work globally to support children and young people.